Newbie enquiry re using Revolution for Myst style games

LynnP333 at aol.com LynnP333 at aol.com
Wed Aug 27 11:01:01 EDT 2003

>On Myst and Manhole - not sure any download of "Manhole" out on the web is
>legitimate.I'd heard that Myst and I think Riven were developed in

>Hypercard.

>Regards, Peter Smith.
Myst was, as noted by others, created with a special version of HyperCard.
Special color externals were used and the unused guts of Hypercard were left out
for speed.
Even before Manhole, the very first Hypercard game the Rand brothers created
was Cosmic Osmo I believe. Originally on disk, it later came out on CD-Rom.
That's when I was bitten by the programming bug and started checking out this
freebie thing called Hypercard that came with my Mac SE. :-)

Lynn P.