how to stop execution

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Wed Aug 27 10:47:01 EDT 2003

Hi Steve,

> RR seems to always be running my code, I don't see a way to stop
> execution,
> while developing.  Anyone know a way to do this?

looks like you mean some "openstack", "preopenstack", "opencard" and
"preopencard" handler
that will of course be executed when you open these stacks...

In this case you can type in the messagebox:

lock messages; go stack "the one you want to edit"

This way the stack will be opened but no "pre-open-whatever" handler
will be executed :-)

You can also download my little "Open sesame" plug-in from my website
which does the same
just by clicking a button while holding the ALT-key ;-)

> Occasionally I get stupid loops and it can be difficult to get things
> to stop while I fix it.
> Usually RR sprays error boxes and croaks, but when I restart and load
> the stack,
> it goes right back to doing the same thing.

See above...

> I just want to load and edit it, not run it (not until I fix it
> anyway).

See above...

Hope that helps...

> -Steve