Possible bug in "selectedLines" in 2.0.x

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Wed Aug 27 10:40:00 EDT 2003

Hi Barry,

> I haven't checked 2.1 yet but, in 2.0.1, I've found something a little
> strange.
> I can eMail the stack if you're interested as it's very small (8K).
>
> I was testing that wonderful little "drag&drop" example provided by
> Klaus.
> (Yes, your script works perfectly! Thank you.)

Thank YOU ;-)

> The stack has a field "fieldOfPaths" with "list behavior" and all the
> Hilite
> options checked in the Object Inspector. Also, "don't wrap" is checked.
> I have some text in the field occupying 4 lines. When I hilite
> non-contiguous
> lines, and then execute the following script in a button:
>
>   answer the selectedLines of field "fieldOfPaths"
>
> ...only the line(s) before the break are noted. In other words, if I
> have hilited
> lines 1 & 3, only line 1 is reported as selected. If I hilite lines 1,
> 2, and 4, only
> lines 1 & 2 are reported as selected.
>
> It's also apparent using "selectedChunk"; only the chars before the
> non-hilited line are reported.

Looks like this doesn't work with non-cont hilites...

> However, "selectedText" -does- report the non-contiguous selection
> properly.

If you need the linenumber(s) you can use "the hilitedlines of fld y".

Gives a list of the linenumbers like "1,3,4" and works, too ;-)

> If this is something that was fixed in 2.1, I'd better switch, eh?

I tested on 2.1, it supports drawers* and other X goodies... :-)

*Unfortunately there is obviously a resizebug with drawers, but i am
sure it won't
last long until 2.1.1 ;-)

> Otherwise, should I report this as a bug (assuming no one else has)?

I didn't...

Hope that helps...

> Thanks,
> Barry