Picture this

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Tue Aug 26 23:23:00 EDT 2003

Hi Monte,

> From: "Monte Goulding" <monte at sweattechnologies.com>
> Subject: RE: Picture this
> Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 08:43:05 +0930
>
> Hi Ken
>
> Not a similar solution but what's wrong with using another field with larget
> font and putting the central line into it in each scroll loop?
-----------
Well, I wanted it to scroll simultaneously into view in the box, just like
the field scrolls, but larger in the box. Like you were holding a
rectangular magnifying glass over the middle of the field. A field with all
the same text and a larger font wouldn't scroll with the other.

However, I know that's not what you meant, i.e., I assume you mean to just
display the center line in the overlay in a larger font. I may end up doing
just that, because what I really want seems to be too difficult.

I need to check the scroll rate if I use the loc of a graphic. In SuperCard,
doing it with a field is at least 2x faster than doing the same thing with a
graphic picture of the field, I guess because it potentially has to account
for containing more visual data. But the MC engine is different, so...

Anyway, thanks much,
Ken N.