2.1 beta doesn't open

Alex Rice alrice at arcplanning.com
Tue Aug 26 12:38:00 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, August 26, 2003, at 01:08  AM, Sarah wrote:

> It looks as if you are trying to run it from the disk image. Drag the
> Revolution folder to your Applications folder (or even the desktop)
> and all will be well.

Running Rev 2.1 from the disk image results in a popup error about
"cannot save your license key..." then it quits, but no crashes or
console messages. (for me on 10.2.6, Rev 2.1)

This error looks worse: some kind of library compatibility problem. If
you folks can't run 2.1 either make sure to bugzilla it and include
that error from dyld:

>> dyld: /Volumes/Revolution/Revolution
>> 2.1/Revolution.app/Contents/MacOS/Revolution Undefined symbols:
>> /Volumes/Revolution/Revolution
>> 2.1/Revolution.app/Contents/MacOS/Revolution undefined reference to
>> _kHIViewWindowContentID expected to be defined in Carbon

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com