Buggy debugger?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 26 09:16:01 EDT 2003

--- Jim Hurley <jhurley at infostations.com> wrote:
> In the RR 2.1 debugger, a place where I hang out, I
> find that as I
> move the mouse over the script (with mouse up and no
> clicking) the
> debugger moves though the program steps--without a
> step over or any
> other action on my part. It appears to be responding
> to a mouseMove
> message. (Mac OS 9.2, PowerBook G4)
>
> Is this another feature I have missed?
>
> Jim

Hi Jim,

I see the same problem in the debugger in version
2.0.3 ; it looks like they wanted to display the
execution context as a tooltip.
If you feel adventurous, here are the steps to get rid
of it :
- in the message box, type
  edit the script of fld "script" of card "revScript"
of stack "revTemplateScriptEditor"
- and press return
- comment out the "mouseMove" handler
- quit Revolution, and click "Save" when it asks if
you want to save changes to the stack
"revTemplateScriptEditor"

Now when you start Revolution and debug scripts, you
won't have this problem.
Hopefully we can download an update soon.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====