A Rev-Database used from different OSes

R. Hillen mail at richard-hillen.de
Mon Aug 25 14:29:01 EDT 2003

Hello list,

I´m working with my co-workers in a mixed environment: Windows, OS9, OSX

In former times (before Rev 2.0) I built some little databases using a
splash screen as mainstack and a database in a substack.

Building the standalones for Mac OS, Windows and OSX I crossed in the
distribution-builder "Move substacks into individual files" and "Create
folder for substacks "data"".

So I got for each OS a folder with a Program (=standalone of the
(splash) main stack), say "Main_Win", "Main_OS9" and "Main_OSX" and
identical folders "Data" with the substack inside.

I then copied the three Main-Programms together with a Data-Folder in a
common folder to our shared NT-server, so all could use the database
from their OSes.

Now with > Rev 2.0 there is a problem with OSX. If you build a
standalone, the Distribution-builder builds a package with the
database-substack inside. So I can´t use my method as written above.

I think, the possibility to build a package is ok, but I would like to
have also the old arrangement with data-folder outside the package.

Do you know a solution for this problem?

Thanx in advance

Richard Hillen.