Rev CGI engine

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 24 03:45:00 EDT 2003

--- Mike Doub <Mike at doub.com> wrote:
> I have tried Winzip, Powerarchiver and Revolution
> itself on a Windows XP
> system.  None can decompress
> http://www.runrev.com/revolution/engines/Windows.gz
>  Is anyone else having
> this problem?
>
> -- Mike

Hi Mike,

Did you download it using Internet Explorer on your
Windows machine ? I've seen it download and decompress
.gz files without renaming it -- yes, very confusing
indeed.
At any rate, that Windows.gz engine is for compiling
stand-alones, not for CGI. So follow the link Monte
provided, and download those, or go to the MetaCard
website and download cmc.exe (Console MetaCard).
<ftp://ftp.metacard.com/MetaCard/cmc.zip>
No pretty interface, no access to the revolution
libraries, but wonderful intro to MetaCard CGI.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====