Rev CGI engine

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Sat Aug 23 13:14:01 EDT 2003

On Saturday, August 23, 2003, at 09:06  AM, Mike Doub wrote:

> revolution/engines/windows.gz   Is this
> correct engine for a windows system?  If so, would winzip uncompress
> it?  I
> would have thought so, but it does not.   I am suspecting a corrupt
> file.
> Any one else having problems with this?

.gz is GZIP format (which is the same used by rev's compress and
decompress functions).

I thought for sure that Winzip could deal with .gz format, and it
claims to support GZIP in it's help file, but I'll be darned if I can
get it to unzip that file!

The Windows.gz file is OK I verified it by using gunzip on OS X.

Use Rev's builtin compression functions to do it with a short script,
or try another tool. I think Stuffit Expander from Aladdin can handle
gzip files.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com