HC to R question

Dale Pond dalesvp at qwest.net
Sat Aug 23 11:27:01 EDT 2003

Jim Hurley wrote:

>> Message: 17
>> Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 08:18:48 -0600
>> From: "Dale Pond" <dalesvp at qwest.net>
>> To: "Revolution" <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>> Subject: HC to R question
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I finally bit the bullet and purchased a copy of Revolution to convert
>> my HC stacks. I'm having trouble with a simple repeat loop:
>>
>>   -- visit each card
>>   repeat with x = 3 to the number of cards
>>     go to card x
>>     if field "Card Name" <> empty
>>     then put (field "Card Name") & ";" && the ID of this card & return
>> after index1
>>   end repeat
>>
>> This returns an error "Handler: end doesn't match handler name". Makes
>> no sense to me and I can't find anything wrong with the script. Can
>> someone help me out with this?
>>

> My specialty is the simple-minded solution. Forgive me, but did you
> check the spelling of the handler in which the above repeat loop is
> included--or perhaps other handlers in the same script? There
> certainly doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the repeat loop itself.
>
> Jim

Jim and Roger,

Thanks for your pointers! I found an error further on in the script
(actually two errors). One was an unassociated repeat and the other
appeared to be an abbreviated "fld" instead of field or maybe it was the
'go to card "Index"' which when changed to 'go to card "2"' worked.
Seems Rev doesn't like abbreviations nor does it point well to the
actual bug. The script works great now! Here is the complete and
working  script:

on mouseUp
  put empty into field "IndexField"
  lock screen
  -- visit each card
  repeat with x = 3 to the number of cards
    go to card x
    if field "Card Name" <> empty then
      put (field "Card Name") & ";" && the ID of this card \
          & return after index1
    end if
  end repeat
  go to card 2 -- go to card 2 "Index Card"
  sort index1   -- sort data within variable
  put index1 into field "IndexField" -- put data into Index Field
  put number of chars in field "IndexField" into field "Characters"
  put number of lines in field "indexfield" into field "Line Count"
 unlock screen
end mouseUp

--
Life, Light, Love and Laughter,