Mac browser type?

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Sat Aug 23 01:52:00 EDT 2003

On Friday, August 22, 2003, at 12:02  PM, FlexibleLearning at aol.com
wrote:

> Alex:
>
> Thank you. I am somewhat behind thew times on MacOS (still on v9) and
> have spent 2 years in the wilderness on a bad venture I got conned
> into. A lot of water has gone under many bridges!

What was the venture?

Well you aren't the only one confused about file types on OS X! Do a
search for OS X and "launch services" if you want all the hairy details.

> I shall default the setting to MOSSTEXT for Netscape on Macs on the
> assumtion that [1] it is a commonly installed browser and [2] with the
> .thml extension it is covered for Win32 and Safari.

That would probably work OK. I don't know about Netscape any more. I
have a copy so I can use Bugzilla, and it's Javascript console is
handy, but I never use it for my main browser.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com