How to purge a stack from memory by script?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 23 00:26:01 EDT 2003

--- Ludovic_Thébault <ludovic.thebault at laposte.net>
wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 00:43:58 +0200, François Cuneo
> wrote:
> > Hello!
> > I'm completely unable to works with saved and
> closed stack with my code.
> > When I close the stack and I save it, if I load
> the stack again or change
> > her name, I have a message that says that I'm
> trying to load a stack already
> > opened.
> > So when I close the stack, I want to purge it from
> memory.
> > Is it possible??
>
> In Stack Property, check the 'Purge stack on close'.
>
> But why this button is not "true" by default ?

Actually, I consider that a life-saver. It has
happened to me in the past that I clicked the wrong
button in response to "Do you want to save changes?" ;
needless to say one shouldn't touch the mouse after
being distracted.
But with Revoluton, no more howling in frustration :
open the ApplicationBrowser, and go back to it. And if
you want to revert, use the same AppBrowser to close
and remove from memory.
The only times I set a stack's "destroyStack" property
[*] to true, is if it's a temporary stack and I don't
want it to eat up memory after closing it.

Jan Schenkel.

[*] "destroyStack" doesn't mean your stack will be
deleted from your hard drive, just from memory ; a
better name would have been "purgeStack"

=====