HTTPProxy - authenticated proxy servers supported?

Rodney Tamblyn rodney_tamblyn at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 22 07:53:33 EDT 2003

Dave,

Thanks for your post, and for encouraging me to look into this further.
  I've now go it working.

One small but vital correction to your posting -  you need to add the
word "basic" to the header string:

Proxy-Authorization: Basic <key>

I also found it useful to have a look at the data going between my
computer and the web server.  To do this, on OSX and other Unix boxes,
you can use tcpflow

A typical syntax (use tcpflow -h for help, or man tcpflow)

tcpflow -c ip host my.interestingdomainhere.com

You can download tcpflow from
http://www.circlemud.org/~jelson/software/tcpflow/tcpflow.1.html

Regards,

Rodney