Release Candidate 1 Available -- Special Offers End Soon

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Aug 21 19:37:01 EDT 2003

>On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 19:14:09 +0100 Heather Williams
><heather at runrev.com> wrote:
>
>Professional license holders can renew on the old terms, for $299 and get a
>year's renewal (no tech support). If you renew early, your license will run
>from the end of your existing license. You will get an Enterprise level
>renewal.
>
>If you want to switch to the new licensing, you can buy a new discounted
>license, but you will not then be able to switch back to the old model.

I'm ashamed to say I still don't really understand this. I have now
read the descriptions on the 'Revolution Editions' page and I am
still a bit fuzzy. Personally, I need to maintain the multiplatform
development and deployment option as long as I can afford it. Can I
just wait till December (my normal renewal date) to optimise my cash
flow, and still pay $299 to renew at Enterprise level (minus tech
support) or is this offer likely to be withdrawn?

When I do renew, how can I get back onto a higher tech support level,
supposing I'd want to? I see that Enterprise users get more tech
support (10 incidents) in the first year than in subsequent years (5
incidents). So we have people with Enterprise-level licences
potentially with 3 different levels of support.

BTW in the 'Online Store' part of the RunRev web site (where I first
looked for a definition of the different Editions), none of the terms
such as 'Enterprise', 'Studio' etc are mentioned, although one can
get at them indirectly via the Store Front, as suggested in the Store
page. IMHO this could confuse new potential purchasers.

Graham