XML Data sources

Steve Anderson Steve_Anderson at paradise.net.nz
Thu Aug 21 08:57:01 EDT 2003

Does it make sense to leave the data in the XML tree and just march up
and
down it when I wish to display the data or should I parse it into some
other
structure?

I guess it depends how deep/complex the XML tree goes.  I am in a
similar situation.  From my previous use of Java my preference would be
to build an array (or some other collection-type structure) of objects
from the XML tree.

Are there performance issues with keeping the data in an xml tree?

I would like to know the answer to this too.  I guess you need to test
the performance of each approach.

If you got a sec could you look at my thread...subject: 'The Stack
Metaphor'.

Regards
Steve

Mac OS X... http://www.apple.com/switch