Way to pass Rev mouse coords over net?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Aug 21 00:30:00 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, August 20, 2003, at 10:57 PM, rgould8 at aol.com wrote:

> Anyone think this is possible, or know how to set up a server to pass
> data like this?

Yes, I think it is possible.  See screenMouseLoc and click.

I am comfortable with sockets, but in this situation I used pcAnywhere.
  I'd suggest Timbuktu or pcAnwhere or, uh, I forgot the name, that
"free" one.  On a LAN, I'd say roll your own.  But, either way can work.

If you tell the firewall admin you need pcAnywhere access to a
particular machine, the admin will understand.  If you say you want to
set up a special service, things might go slower.  The admin might
understandably be concerned that your are giving up some control
without any security.

You might respond as I often do:  "But _I'm_ the admin!"  Just say and
say whether you still want to roll your own.

(Another approach is to have multiple panels for the same
functionality.)

Dar Scott