Using strong language on the lists

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Aug 20 14:27:00 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, August 20, 2003, at 07:14 AM, Heather Williams wrote:

> It is a simple fact that using such language
> actually prevents not only your message, but the entire digest in
> which it
> appears, from reaching a number of list members.

And my own mental filters may prevent it from reaching me.

1.
I _am_ offended by such language.

2.
I can usually see past that, but often when I do, I don't like what I
see.  (People often do not concur with my perceptions, though.)  Given
that, I often do not bother to look past the language.  I have an
abundance of places where I can learn and can help.

I have no idea whether my feelings represent any non-fringe population
of this list audience.

Dar Scott