Irritated at something, I think

T. R. Ponn alptex2 at orwell.net
Wed Aug 20 13:22:47 EDT 2003

Hi All!

I'm creating a cross-platform app on my Mac OS9.2.2, Rev 1.1.1...

Sooooo.....I finsh my app (or nearly) and I want to include a menu bar.
 Hating whitespace(call me anal ;-) ), my graphics extend all the way to
the top of the window.  Using Menu Manager, I set about building my
menus and check the "Set as Menu Bar on Mac OS" box.  Yup...my layout
gets cropped.  Ah...here's a workaround...move the Menu up off the
window!  Still looks fine on my Mac (after all, I don't NEED the buttons
hanging from the top of the window...I have the menus where God intended
them ;-) )

Now...the rub (I suspect)...are these *not* going to show up in windoze
and *nix as I think?

If they don't show up, should I be irritated at Rev for not warning me:
"Caution, if you think you're going to need a Menu Bar, step AWAY from
the top 20 pixels!"?

or irritated at...M$ for putting them in a dumb place?
...Apple for putting them in a dumb place?
...Me for when I receive the response: "Duh...ya fergot to click the
"Fripnitz" button!"
...Me for when I receive the response: "ya...yer workaround is fine!"

NOT liking the odds, here...

Best Regards,

Tim Ponn