kiosk/game mode

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Wed Aug 20 11:28:00 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 08:56  PM, Judy Perry wrote:

> Alex,
>
> Are you thinking of something along the lines of the old HC XCMD that
> hides the desktop?
>
> (~Not that I'd know how to do it in Rev, mind you... just trying to
> follow
> the thread; if this is what you mean and somebody knows how to do it,
> I'm
> all ears...)

Judy, I don't know- that old HC XCMD was before my time! Turns out RR
can maybe effectively do everything I was talking about, except:

- change the resolution and color depth of the display, and I don't
need that anyways.

- prevent switching to other apps or desktop ** ; this would be
required for a true kiosk mode, but not really required for most games

set the rect of this stack to the screenrect -- or use backdrop property
hide menubar
hide taskbar -- rumored to be new in 2.1

** maybe the new decorations property of "utility" in 2.1 will
effectively block switching to other apps if the stack is taking the
entire screenrect...?

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com