image pasting

Andrew alw918 at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 19 17:13:01 EDT 2003

Much thanks for being in contact with me about image problems!

>    set the width of img 1 to the formattedWidth of img 1
>    set the height of img 1 to the formattedHeight of img 1

Okay, I put this script into the Mouseup handler of a btn on my card,
and edited the script to say img "<name of my image>" instead of "1"
However, it doesn't do anything when I click the button.  What gives?
:)

>> Secondly, I'm still having a lot of trouble getting my second image to
>> paste separate from the first image.  I shrink the first image and
>> move
>> it over to one side of the card.  Then I click elsewhere on the card
>> (so
>> the first image is not selected) and paste my second image.  Still,
>> the
>> second image appears right on top of the first one, no matter where
>> the
>> first one is located on the screen.
>
> Where are you getting the images in the clipboard from? Are you copying
> from another application, or from another stack? If it is from another
> stack, there are other ways to move the images.
I'm copying them from Claris Works

> Also, are you sure that the second image is actually going into the
> first one, or is is just getting laid on top? If it is just on top,
> then
> resizing it should work.
I'm sure that it is going into the first one.  It pastes on top of the
first image no matter where the first image is on the screen.  After I
paste it, when I click on it and move it, both images move together as
if they were one image (assuming that the second one is smaller and I
can still see the first image "behind" it).

Thanks again for your help.  I'm very appreciative
Andrew