RR in Linux help shell and menu

Glen Bojsza gbojsza at austin.rr.com
Tue Aug 19 13:59:00 EDT 2003

I am hoping someone can offer a few suggestions for the following:

I wish to use RR for a Linux app. There are several commands that I can run
but they have many switch options!

I plan to list the commands to a user (invest, divest, suggest) and their
available switches via a check box

For example for divest command piped to a file called "Hfund" Later I will
need to read the file into RR to present the results :

divest -r -s BOB > Hfund

My question is what is the proper way to use the shell command?

And how should I call the check box of options once the command has been
selected?

Does it even make sense to use a check box to let the user select their
options (later on I will need to be able to allow the user to input
particular data as an option requires ...date range, threshold etc) So I
would like to plan the proper way in the beginning.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

regards,

Glen