[ANN] A Primer on Message Mechanics--you know, 'send'

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Aug 19 13:46:01 EDT 2003

On Monday, August 18, 2003, at 08:33 PM, Kurt Kaufman wrote:

> I look forward to studying the message primer in detail- since I
> generally write scripts using the path-of-least-resistance (easiest to
> fathom but often inefficient).

My attempt is to introduce a style that will give you both.

However, I have learned that what I consider "simple" others do not.
For example, less lines of code is not always simpler to me.  I like to
break things down into pieces that I can mentally put aside as done,
even into handlers or other objects, and then only consider their
interface in building bigger things.  If one is into that kind of
thinking, the primer will be a good place to get into "messages".  I
deviated a little for pedagogical reasons, but that theme should be
there.

> Thank you, Dar!

You are quite welcome.

Dar Scott