Database tool

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 19 00:44:01 EDT 2003

--- Todd Geist <todd at geistinteractive.com> wrote:
> On 8/18/03 3:07 PM, "Jan Schenkel"
> <janschenkel at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Some people even use Revolution in conjunction
> with
> > FileMaker Pro : you'll get all the flexibility of
> > complete scripting language, along with the power
> of
> > one of the easiest databases to setup and
> maintain.
>
> I'd be curious to know how people are accessing
> FileMaker Pro from Rev.
>
> Applescript?
> ODBC?
> XML?
>
> Thanks
>
> Todd
>
> --
> Todd Geist

Hi Todd,

Even though ODBC is the 'obvious' answer, some go so
far as to use the WebCompanion and Revolution's
internet library to trigger FMPro-scripts, emulate
clicking on buttons etc.
Here's a link to an interesting post on the subject by
Peter Reid I found in the use-revolution archives :
<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2002-May/004744.html>

As always, you can dig around the archives of the
use-revolution list, either via Google :
<http://www.google.com/advanced_search?q=site:lists.runrev.com>
Or via the recently added search at Mindlube Software
:
<http://mindlube.com/cgi-bin/search-use-rev.cgi>

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.