XML-RPC Support?

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Mon Aug 18 20:40:00 EDT 2003

On Monday, August 18, 2003, at 02:48  AM, Jan Schenkel wrote:

> --- Dan Shafer <dan at shafermedia.com> wrote:
>> I thought I had read or heard somewhere that
>> Revolution supports
>> XML-RPC. But searching docs turns up no clues.
>>
>> Anyone got a pointer?
>>

> Hi Dan,
>
> Revolution supports SOAP, which one might say
> supersedes XML-RPC.
> Have a look at \Sample stacks\SOAP_Toolbox.rev
>
> Hope this helped,
>
> Jan Schenkel.

Jan,

I do not think soap supersedes XML-RPC.... Soap is to complicated to
use, xml-rpc is simple and does the job well, i never knew a project
that really needed soap, xml-rpc always live up to the job for me.

the sites:
http://www.soapware.org
http://www.xmlrpc.com

Are both from Userland, they've got the specs, the implementations and
a list of public avaiable services. xml-rpc has more services avaiable
and is easier to implement. As for Dan question, he can implement
xml-rpc by himself (it's not that hard!!!) or if he's using MacOS he
can call applescripts to the xml-rpc call for him and pass back the
results!!!!

Cheers!
Andre