Dynamic Web Page (Not really a RR question)

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 18 20:18:02 EDT 2003

On Monday, August 18, 2003, at 05:33  PM, Dan Friedman wrote:

> Is there a way to have a web page either:
>
> (1) save it's self, so it's user editable fields can be read later?; or
>
> (2) have the web page read a text file and populate it's fields.  Then
> save
> the user editable fields back to the text file?

I built a website, using shockwave, an MTML form validation system to
allow users to complete a form that checks as they go and included a
pause feature that allowed the user to return at a later day to pick up
where they left off. It did this by storing results on the user's hard
drive and storing them in the web app's e-mail formatted system. When
the form was completed it was encrypted using 128 bit encryption and
sent to the sender using FTP. It was all scriptable in MTML. So it
worked from an external text file that the web app retrieved from a
server.

look at this old idea: demo
http://www.gizmotron.org/winged/

The competition for this came out of everywhere in just one month so I
discarded the idea.

Mark