Richmond, rudeness and commercial enterprise

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Aug 18 19:48:00 EDT 2003

On Monday, August 18, 2003, at 06:17 PM, Judy Perry wrote:

> Meanwhile, I'm lucky to have a single course to teach and so far we'll
> be
> using the old 1.x 10-line limited demo until I can beg the department
> for
> the paltry $500 to get a lab license...

Maybe the department can buy a $75 version and after seeing what you
can do with that will insist you buy more.

> Sorry... universities -- especially state-funded ones -- are black
> holes
> for kleptocrats.

I understand your feelings.

The processes that cause higher education costs to increase faster than
inflation are the same ones that twist one's arm and encourage one to
go to a state-funded school.

Are you a grad student at Fullerton?

Dar Scott