DB Access in standalones

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Aug 18 16:18:00 EDT 2003

On 8/18/03 3:04 PM, Devin Asay wrote:

> One puzzling thing: The standalone gets built with two folders in the
> same folder as the application package: database_drivers and
> revdb.bundle. I thought this was strange, because I'd understood that
> the db libraries were supposed to be put into the app package. So I
> moved them into the package. Now when I launch the app and try to
> connect to the database, it still fails, but I don't get the error message.

Is the externals property set to the right path? The externals property
is relative to the application bundle, not the engine inside the
Contents folder. That's probably why Rev puts it where you first found
it. I believe Rev also tries to set the externals property during a
build. If you moved the files, the path that Rev sets would no longer be
accurate (and it produces a silent error in that case.)

This sounds a lot like the problems I've had loading externals, which
has almost always been a problem with paths during startup. Also, if it
applies, it seems to help to keep all the database calls in the
mainstack rather than in substacks. There seems to be some problem with
substacks that make calls to externals.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com