Portable fonts and usage recommendations needed

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Mon Aug 18 11:39:00 EDT 2003

> Are these exactly the same design for each platform or do these have to
> be tweaked?  I don't mean file format, I mean variations in metrics to
> account for engine or other idiosyncrasies.

They are NOT the same for each platform (but they look the same).  The
sizes, metrics and other data/settings have been altered so they look and
act the same on each platform.  For example, if you set a font to 9 point on
a MAC, it will look larger on a PC.  With my custom fonts, 9 point is the
same size on both platforms.

> Does this mean that you own the fonts?  Are they for sale to include in
> other programs?

Yes, I own them.  Are they for sale?  Hmmm... Contact me off-list.

> Assuming they are, can the same font be attached to the
> application/stack and work on both Mac and Windows without the user
> having to install the font?

I don't know anything about "attaching" fonts to an application.  I just
include the fonts in my installer.  And this works fine [for me].

-Dan