How can I make my mainstack stay invisible?

Wolfgang M. Bereuter wmb at internettrainer.com
Mon Aug 18 11:03:00 EDT 2003

On Monday, Aug 18, 2003, at 11:14 Europe/Vienna, Graham Samuel wrote:

> It's the stack with all the startup logic and it's the root of all the
> common handlers for the rest of the app, plus it contains private
> debugging info (I have a kind of tracer/timer routine that shows the
> progress of certain events in a field I can look at during
> development). Since it's the mainstack, it opens automatically when
> the app starts. I may have designed my app in a stupid way from the
> RunRev point of view, but I got some of these ideas from SuperCard and
> they've stuck...

Make a splash screen only to click on to start. And hide the mainstack
in the data folder with all the other stuff. The splash screen should
not do more than start and work "as you say" as an anchor for the real
stacks in the data folder.  If you dont know how to do I cant help you
more but I know who can help you with that problem, because he showed
me once how to do that: Klaus Major!! I would drop him a line offlist...
Dont know if that helps...

regards
Wolfgang M. Bereuter

Learn easy with trainingsmaps©
INTERNETTRAINER Wolfgang M. Bereuter
Edelhofg. 17/11, A-1180 Wien, Austria
http://www.internettrainer.com, wmb at internettrainer.com
Tel: ++43/1/ 961 0418, Fax: ++43/1/ 479 2539