image paste

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Aug 18 10:50:01 EDT 2003

On 8/18/03 1:26 AM, Andrew wrote:

> When I paste an image on a card (again, its rect appears as big as the
> whole card, no matter the size of the image), and then I paste a second
> image on the same card, the second image seems to become part of the
> first one.  What can I do to make the two images separate objects?

When you paste an image from the clipboard, Rev opens the painting tools
and creates a new image object. The default size of an image object is
the size of the card. After that, whenever you click in the image with a
painting tool, the image is opened for editing. That's why a second
paste places the new image inside the old one.

To create separate image objects which are automatically sized only as
large as the image content, use "Import as control" in the File menu to
bring in an image from a file on disk.

If your images are not files on disk, you can still paste from the
clipboard. But after you have created an image object this way, you will
need to use a script to resize the image object to the formattedWidth
and formattedHeight of the object. That will make it smaller. Then when
you do the second paste, be sure not to click inside the first image (so
you won't accidentally open it for editing.) Click elsewhere on the card
before pasting, and the second paste should create a new image object --
which you will also want to resize, since it too will be as large as the
card.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com