How can I make my mainstack stay invisible?

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Aug 17 19:05:01 EDT 2003

I've got a mainstack that the user is never supposed to see, and
which should not be at the front. It's just an anchor for all my
substacks. I find that if I make it invisible in the Stack Inspector,
the 'Save' option in the IDE is dimmed. If I use the Application
Browser to make the mainstack reappear, its visible property reverts
to true, and so when I save the whole file I save the mainstack in
the 'wrong' state. I also find that the mainstack shows up at the
front, even though I have scripted a 'go' to my flash screen stack
quite early on. This stack was previously opened invisibly, therefore
according to my reading of the TD, the 'go' should bring it to the
front. Does this work reliably?

I've tried using a PreOpenStack handler to hide the mainstack, but so
far this hasn't worked either (I may of course have made some kind of
scripting error). Maybe I should be setting the location of the stack
offscreen at somewhere like -10000,-10000 - but that still leaves the
problem of making sure that my flash screen gets the focus.

Am I just making a lot of coding mistakes, or is there a real problem here?

TIA

Graham