MacOS X Stack Name Anomalies

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sun Aug 17 10:37:01 EDT 2003

Hi All,

Simple task turned mystery:

I had a stack named "Contacts.rev", and I wanted the name to be
"Contacts.itw"; so I opened the stack, changed the name to
"Contacts.itw" and saved the stack as "Contacts.itw".

Not only did Rev change the stack icon when saving (an issue for
another day); but Rev says the file, "Contacts.itw", is actually
"Contacts.itw.rev".  If I ask the Finder to search for "itw.rev", it
shows me "Contacts.itw".

What gives?  Does OS 10.2 support invisible file name extensions?
How can I fix this?

TIA,
--
Rob Cozens, CCW
Serendipity Software Company

"And I, which was two fooles do so grow three.

 From "The Triple Foole"
by John Donne 1573-1631