Help - my RunRev IDE has slowed to a crawl

Jim Lyons jimlyons at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 17 05:45:01 EDT 2003

Graham wrote:
> Today I was editing a set of stacks which I've been working on for a
> very long time using both Mac and Windows environments. In this case
> I was using a Mac running OS9.2.2 to power RR 2.0r2, and very soon
> after opening my mainstack in the IDE, things slowed to a crawl to
> the extent that it takes tens of seconds for RunRev to react to
> clicks or even to give up control to another app.

When this sort of thing happened to me using Mac OS9.1, it was because I
didn't have enough memory on the system. It was totally unusable -- the
virtual memory swapping would frequently get into long bouts with the
disk drive without ever coming back. Maybe something has changed to
increase the memory requirements of your stacks, or other big apps are
loaded? Just a thought...

Jim Lyons