Help - my RunRev IDE has slowed to a crawl

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Aug 16 12:47:01 EDT 2003

I remember this happening to other people maybe when RunRev 2.0 came
out, but I can't find the messages using the Google search.

Today I was editing a set of stacks which I've been working on for a
very long time using both Mac and Windows environments. In this case
I was using a Mac running OS9.2.2 to power RR 2.0r2, and very soon
after opening my mainstack in the IDE, things slowed to a crawl to
the extent that it takes tens of seconds for RunRev to react to
clicks or even to give up control to another app. I don't think I've
changed my own stuff in other than a trivial way since it was working
without problems (just a few iterations ago).

Can anyone suggest something I should be doing to bring the IDE back to life?

(I ought maybe to say that most of my recent development has been
done using a Windows XP system and I've only just got back to the Mac
- nevertheless I have built some working apps using the Dist Builder
today).

Just can't think how to proceed...

TIA for any advice

Graham