Fwd: Best way to set up an idle timer - not like this

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 15 15:57:00 EDT 2003

--- Devin Asay <devin_asay at byu.edu> wrote:
> Wait! What seemed to be working at first is not. It
> seems okay until
> you start examining the pendingMessages. For some
> reason the sent
> messages start queuing up rapidly as soon as you
> start mousing around
> in the stack. Obviously the cancel command in the
> resetLogout handler
> is not getting all of the pending messages. But I
> can't figure out
> where all of these pendingMessages are coming from.
>
> Any experts out there in this area that can tell me
> where I've gone
> wrong?
>
> Devin

Hi Devin,

A quick glance showed me you're arbitrarily cancelling
the last message in the pendingMessages. However, the
Revolution IDE often sends its own messages, so this
is not the best solution.
You might want to store the ID of the 'send' somewhere
in a custom property, so you can easily cancel that
exact ID instead of the last in the list -- IIRC, you
can pick it up in 'the result' right after the 'send'
command is executed.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====