3D Field Bevel color wierdness.

Romain Lafourcade lafourcade.romain at numericable.fr
Fri Aug 15 03:13:00 EDT 2003

on 14/08/03 23:04, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com at
use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> I have a 3d field with 2 pixel border. When I go to the Color & Pattens
> inspector and assign the bottom bevel color to orange, it sets the top and
> left bevel to orange!?? But... my field has a vertical scrollbar and the top
> and bottom arrows and thumb are bevel colored correctly.
>
> I think it's a simple backwards bug. The Top Bevel button colorizes the
> bottom and right bevel and the Bottom Bevel button colorizes the top and
> left bevel. But they colorize the scrollbars correctly.
>
> Has this been discussed already? Somebody clue me in please? Has this been
> fixed in the 2.1 betas?
>
> Andy

That's because 3D field's bevel is supposed to make the field look like it
is a kind of hole or depression in the inter(sur)face while 3D buttons are
supposed to strike out of the sur(inter)face.

The scrollbar is supposed to be "grabable" so it is treated like a 3D
button.

Here is the link to the MacOS Human Interface Guidelines were you may find a
lot of valuable things (even for Win or Unix users) :

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/mac/HIGOS8Guide/thig-2.html

or :

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/AquaHIGui
delines/index.html