Pass a URL w/JavaScript

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Aug 14 22:12:00 EDT 2003

On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 08:33 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> <head>
>      <!--
> window.open("http://
> www.google.com","test","toolbar=no,width=300,height=400,
> screenX=400,screenY=400,top=400,left=400");
> 	window.close();
>      // -->
>  </script>
>  </head>

This inspired an idea in me, one of those solutions without a problem.
Yet.

Scott's idea addresses opening a browser when the only reliable method
is opening a document file.  Suppose that wasn't a problem.  Suppose
opening a browser to a URL worked.

Then one could--instead of a file--make a very dumb http server on some
odd port that returned the above document wrapped in http whatever the
query.  This would save writing a file.

I can't think of how that might buy anything, but in some applications
it might.

(I think that is under 2K, Chipp.)

Dar Scott