Excessive Quoting

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Aug 14 13:27:01 EDT 2003

<curmudgeonliness>
Dan Shafer wrote:

> Could we all try to be far more judicious about what we quote from
> posts to which we are replying?

Extra bonus points if could we also quote in standard top-to-bottom reading
order.

With a mix of readable (new at bottom) vs. comprehensive (new at top) styles
we get posts like:

  Post 4
  >> Post 2
  >>> Post 1
  > Post 3

...when we coud have:

  >>> Post 1
  >> Post 2
  > Post 3
  Post 4

Not only do such posts tell their story better, they also encourage trimming
all but the most essential quoted portions before we get to your stuff.
</curmudgeonliness>
--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation