Want radio behavior in pushbuttons

Jim Lyons jimlyons at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 14 12:52:01 EDT 2003

It was a little bit of a shock when I saw that we can't set the family
property of any kind of buttons to make them work like radio buttons
together like we could in HC. But undaunted, I unset the auto-hilite
properties of the two pushbuttons I was working on and put mouseDown
scripts in them. In button "Run":

on mouseDown
  hilite me
  unhilite btn "stop"
end mouseDown

and the converse in button "stop".

On OS X using Rev 2.0.2 the buttons don't work as expected; they both
unhilite upon exiting the mouseDown handlers. I put a wait 1 sec just
before exiting the handlers and could see the hilite for just that long.
I tried square style buttons with the same result. Shouldn't the buttons
stay hilited? And if so, does this mean I have to learn how to use
Bugzilla now?

Jim Lyons