FTP times out, and then all others blocked

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Thu Aug 14 12:17:01 EDT 2003

The FTP documentation in Rev is great, but in my situation I'm still in need
of more advice.

I'm trying to create a folder on an FTP server by creating a dummy file and
then deleting it.   This works, but in some cases the server times out.   If I
make a subsequent attempt, I get the “Error Previous request not completed”.
message.   The problem is that the previous request was cancelled out due to
timing out, so the pipeline is never re-opened to accept new commands.   Is
there a way around this problem?   The example code listed in the FTP keyword
helps if the first call just needs time to finish, but in my case, the first call
never finishes.