Easier way to do text-movement algorithm?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Aug 14 00:31:00 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, August 13, 2003, at 11:05 PM, Monte Goulding wrote:

> Assuming that your starting point is a list of start and end chars for
> each
> section you could simply subtract the number of chars of section A
> from each
> section prior to C then add the number of chars of A - the number of
> chars
> of C to each section after C.

Why "- the number of chars of C"?

Maybe another way is to combine the steps and decrease the ranges of
all sections found to be between A and C by the size of A.  If A is
moved back, then it is an increase.

Well, I'm sleepy and its my bed time so I'll pass this on to you since
you are probably awake.

Dar Scott