Selecting text in fields - scroll behavior

Jim Witte jswitte at bloomington.in.us
Wed Aug 13 19:14:01 EDT 2003

Hi,

   I want to select some text in a field.  I've using

select char startChar to endChar of fld "fCode"

where fCode has the List Behavior property set.  It works, but if I
tell it to select a range that isn't in the current scroll range, it
scrolls so that the *bottom* of the selection is visible, and I'd like
the *top* (and the whole thing) is visible.  Is there a way to do this.

   Or is there a better way to do text hiliting like this.  I only need
to select whole lines, so I first tried "select line x to x".  This
works (but only if list behavior is turned on), but I need a way to get
the line numbers out of matchChunk, which only returns character
offsets..  So I'm back to selecting characters.

Jim