A Newbie Question on best practices with revolution 2.

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Aug 13 18:05:00 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, August 13, 2003, at 12:11 PM, Andre Garzia wrote:

> I Want To Know the Revolution way if you folks understand me.

Revolution is so rich, there might be lots of effective styles.

I like to keep all handlers fast when I can and I try to make them
short.  Others might emphasize other things.

I have used stack libraries, but now copy script libraries to my main
stack script.

I hardly use menus, but I know some build them first and make them the
center of the application.

I hardly use the debugger, geometry manager or animation manager and
probably suffer because of it.

> It's just that I think I am doing things the hard way (not that is
> hard to do, but it might there be a easier way).

That is my problem, too.  When working in a group, especially one in
which experienced people are moving in and out, someone will look over
your shoulder and say, "Why are you doing that the hard way?"  In my
case, I'm the only Revolutionary around.

Partly because of that, I hangout at this list.  I try to be frank and
clear about the silly things I do.  Often, someone will show me a
better way.  I try to advise where I think I can and often someone will
respond with a better way.  There could be some assumption I'm making
that others don't see and they may make an assumption that, of course,
everybody knows this, so I am probably still doing things the hard way.
  It is my hope that when it does become obvious that I'm doing
something silly, some folks will point it out.

Revolution is so rich, I will always be learning.

Dar Scott