Menubar Anomalies

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed Aug 13 13:16:00 EDT 2003

Hi All,

I am testing an SDB search engine in Rev 2.02 on Mac  OS 10.2.

The search is initiated by menuPick logic, including:

	modal stack "sdbDatabase Search"

The main search logic in the dialog stack is:

	lock messages
	push card
	go invisible to card firstPage of stack sdbFileName
	repeat
		if searchKeys then find targetText in field "Record Key"
		else find targetText in field "Record"
		[snip]
	end repeat
	pop card
	unlock messages

If the search criteria requests the first hit, the modal stack closes
and the calling stack loads the record; if multiple hits are
requested, the modal stack displays them in a list field, which
includes a mouseUp handler to close the stack and return the selected
record.

The anomalies are:

*  In the Development environment, modal stack "sdbDatabase Search"
changes the menubar to the Rev Dev menubar.  When the modal stack
closes after the search, the menubar for the database stack (which
was visited invisibly) is displayed.

*  If Development Tools are suspended, modal stack "sdbDatabase
Search" changes the menubar to the Rev Restore Development Tools
menubar.  When the modal stack closes after the search, the correct
menubar is displayed.

*  In the standalone,	 modal stack "sdbDatabase Search" changes the
menubar to the splash screen menubar.   When the modal stack closes
after the search, the correct menubar is displayed.

I guess the next step would be to see if the behavior changes if the
modal stack is opened in modeless form, or if a menubar is added to
it.

Right now I have other fish to fry; so if anyone can offer any
insights or work-arounds, your input would be appreciated.
--
Rob Cozens, CCW
Serendipity Software Company

"And I, which was two fooles do so grow three.

 From "The Triple Foole"
by John Donne 1573-1631