RevDB, Linux and PostgreSQL

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Wed Aug 13 12:19:00 EDT 2003

Rodney Tamblyn wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> This is just a followup to let you know the bug which I found in
> Revolution at present that prevents binary data operations with
> PostgreSQL database has been confirmed.  It will be fixed in the final
> release of 2.1 apparently.
>
> In the meantime the workaround which I've discovered, and which works
> quite well, is to base64encode data then put it into a PostgreSQL text
> field (which seem, AFAIK, to be able to hold unlimited data).  On
> retrieving the data I do a base64decode to turn it back into binary
> data.  Using this approach I've been able to successfully store image
> data in PostgreSQL text fields.
>
> So the mystery is solved...
>
> ~ Rodney

Hi Rodney,

Cool tip to know !

Could you, please, let me know, the platform witch host your
Revolution's PostgeSQL client app, the platform witch host the
PostgreSQL server ? Are both the client and the server running on the
same box, on two diffrent boxes ?

Even in using an example app, friendly provided to me by Sadhu, i have
n't, at the moment, found the way to run a Rev's PostgreSQL client app
hosted on the Linux platform (no tested on Win32 nor OSX, for yet) :-!

Thanks for any help,

IBTW : My Postgres 7.xx server is fine running and serving in production
mode MC apps trough shell() bindings to the psql Postgres command line
client. My problem is to get the right way to replace the shell() way by
the RevDB lib's one?

--
Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis
Serveurs d'applications et SGBDR (Web/PGI)
Penser et produire l'avantage compétitif