Pass A URL w/Javascript

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 13 10:35:00 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 06:46  PM, Monte Goulding wrote:

> Hey mark
>
> You don't need the http bit at the start of the linkText.
>
> I'd also suggest using = to separate name, value pairs and & to
> separate
> items as with a CGI url. Then you can just:
>
> put urlDecode(pLink) into tLink
> split tLink by "&" and "="
> if tLink[type] = "video" then
>   set the fileName of player x to tLink[linkauto]
> end if
>
> Cheers
>
> Monte

Monte,

This works great. I had a meeting with the World Wide Consortium (W2)
on MTML and it was decided that "&" should replace all empty-spaced
breaks-points between attributes, in MTML anchor tags. This now makes
it possible to break the SQML rules even further by adding the human
readable component within an attribute's description or content.

I'm amazed at all the different ways one can use to manipulate text in
Transcript. It's getting almost cumbersome just to select the optimal
direction.

Thanks,

Mark