Pass A URL w/Javascript

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 12 19:44:00 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 04:25  PM, Mark Brownell wrote:

> I'm still learning how to pick that link="http://www.someplace.com" up
> and use any stored information that relates to each "some text" link
> clicked. I may be wrong at this point but it looks like you need to
> make the hyperlink the full URL, "http...," literally.

It works great. It even traps the proper URL when you use the exact
same text for the link (like "click Here") multiple times. In Director
there was a limit on how many links could be used in a text field. That
was one of the reasons I wrote my own.

more Wow! Wow! Wows! for Rev...

I'll bet I can pass all kinds of stuff inside the URL and parse it up
for my own custom needs. I'll test for white space or empty space in
the URL first just to see if it will break it. Otherwise I can use a
delimiter to pass unbroken strings of chars. This is a cool feature.

me