Using other languages on the Revolution lists

Heather Williams heather at runrev.com
Tue Aug 12 12:18:00 EDT 2003

Dear listees,

I know I'm a little late in commenting on this, but it seemed to me it would
be useful to make a moderator comment on this subject.

The philosophy of this list is to help all Revolution users, wherever and
whoever they may be and at whatever skill level, as best we can, and -
insofar as is possible in the real world - with professionalism and
courtesy. So it seems to me the issue of those users who do not speak
English fluently is something worth addressing.

I suggest, that in the main, everyone tries to post in English. This is
simply because the greatest majority on the list will understand that
language. However, if you have real difficulties expressing yourself in
English, there are certainly large numbers of French, German, Dutch and
other language speakers on this list who may be able to help you. I think it
would be acceptable to post in say, French, and add a short summary of the
topic in English if you can, or if that is beyond you, a Babelfish
translation. If nothing else, such occasional translations would certainly
liven up the list and provide some innocent entertainment. For your comfort
and convenience, the link I use for Babelfish is:

http://world.altavista.com/

Although I'm sure there are others.

I think I should emphasise however, that such postings should be kept to a
minimum.

My warm regards to you all

Heather

Thankfully removing listmom hat which in this hot weather is way too much to
be wearing, and reaching for a fan.
--
Heather Williams ~ heather at runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution - User-Centric Development Tools