For true beginners

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Mon Aug 11 13:27:01 EDT 2003

Hi Sarah,

> Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:19:29 +1000
> From: Sarah <sarahr at genesearch.com.au>
> Subject: Re: For true beginners
>
> If I remember back to my early HyperCard days, there were a couple of
> stacks called "Readymade Buttons" and "Readymade Fields" which showed
> how to do a variety of neat things. They were also designed to be
> easily copied & pasted into any other stack. A well commented set of
> useful examples like this would be a good starting point and allow
> beginners to get going with just some copy & paste work rather than
> actual scripting.
Yep! That's exactly what I was thinking! If it hadn't been for the ease of
doing that kind of unintimidating, unassuming introduction to using HC, I
bet half this group here wouldn't exist.

The only caveat would be to make sure people advancing to deeper levels
would need to invest in Rev further, so that they can be properly tutored
into using professional scripting methods and produce quality work if
intended for the marketplace.

Ken N.