Tools palette

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Mon Aug 11 09:46:01 EDT 2003

>Message: 14
>Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 13:16:48 +1000
>From: Sarah <sarahr at genesearch.com.au>
>Subject: Tools palette
>To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>
>Has anyone else had the problem of the Tools palette disappearing and
>not coming back? Sometimes, it just disappears. It is still ticked in
>the Tools menu and de-selecting/selecting it there does no good.
>Command-T doesn't help either - the only solution is to shut down
>Revolution and start it again.
>
>I can't work out what causes it to disappear, no pattern has emerged
>yet, so I can't really bugzilla it, but I would be interested to know
>if anyone else has encountered such a problem.
>
>Cheers,
>Sarah
>sarahr at genesearch.com.au
>http://www.troz.net/Rev/

Sarah,

I've not had this particular problem. But I often lose the ability to
bring up the properties palette. (This is in 1.1.1--I can't use use
2.0--still waiting for the debugger fix.)

Double clicking doesn't work, nor does control clicking and selecting
"properties", nor selecting "Object properties" in the RR menu.

Has anyone found a way past this--besides restarting RR?

A thought just occurred to me. How about

    "go to stack revTools"

in the message box? Of course that may be just the message sent by
the command/control "T" or the RR menu item.

I think I'll try

     go to stack revpropertyPalette1

to bring up the properties palette--the next time I lose access to
the properties palette. (revpropertyPalette2 is potentially
dangerous.)

Jim